Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Peppers, Tomatoes and Cheese… Oh My!


After being made to eat stuffed peppers as a child, its something that I love to smell, but can’t bring myself to eat it.  Everyone has a food trauma story, mine is stuffed peppers (and baked beans!)
I decided to change up stuffed peppers to get over my stuffed pepper cringe.  They are like little pepper pizza boats.  How can you go wrong with that?  Pardon the lack of pictures for a couple weeks, the camera phone is dead.  Ahhhh technology.  I promise they look great.  I’m posting a picture of a Martha Stewart similar recipe.  Close but you get the idea for preparation. Just don't forget the all important cheese!

Cooking, Serving It!

Baked peppers and tomatoes
 
4 bell peppers any color, halved vertically and seeded
2 plum tomatoes or any kind of low moisture tomato sliced 1/4” rounds
½ cup favorite cheese.  I like to use feta, mozzarella or Parmesan
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
Coarse salt and ground pepper
Fresh basil leaves chopped


Directions
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place peppers, cut side up on a 9x13 pan, place a slice of tomato on top, scatter garlic slices.  Drizzle oil. Sprinkle with cheese, oregano, basil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until flesh is tender, about 35 minutes.






Freezing It!

Stay tuned for pepper preservation!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment